OmniSafe Fitting Installation Instructions
- Slide the torque eliminator over the gland, tongs toward the gland end.
- Slide the male or female nut over the gland behind the torque eliminator.
- Weld the gland to the tube or component tube stub.
- Repeat for mating component.
- Insert one new gasket between the gland faces. Hold in place by sliding the torque eliminator and the female nut forward.
- Hold the male nut stationary.
- Spin and push the female nut forward, with the torque eliminator inside, to engage the male torque eliminator.
- Once the torque eliminators are engaged the male and female nut will thread together.
- Rotate the female nut until the nuts are threaded together finger tight.
- Using wrenches, hold the male nut stationary while turning the female nut 1/4 of a turn.
The tongs of each torque eliminator prevent axial rotation. This engagement completely cancels the wind-up torque transmitted to the glands.
Result: The two glands are compressed linearly into the gasket with no rotation, no galling, and no particle generation. OmniSafe will not loosen due to shock and vibration (Mil Std 810E).